SV RU RU Balance Team

I'm really new to this, and want to know if this is at all good. Here's my team, it's merely support for three of my favorite pokemon (Haxorus, Maushold and Terrakion)

Haxorus (M) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Haxorus: Loaded dice + scale shot is a deadly combo after a dragon dance or two. Iron head is great on fairies, and Earthquake decimates any steel that isn't floating. I chose Tera Steel since it resist all of Haxorus' weaknesses, and boost Iron Head amazingly well, and it's always nice to take a chance to flinch something. Wasn't sure whether to go Adamant or Jolly, but I figured that since you'll be boosting idealy two times, it won't be a problem either way. Even so, I prefer the immediate heavy hitting scale shot that is done with adamant as opposed to the speed.

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Rock
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Terrakion: I don't really know of any good Terrakion sets, so I tried for this. It seems to outspeed everything important, and if rockslide flinches, good night! I don't know of a good tera type for it, so I left it at rock to make rockslide hit harder. Preferably this thing isn't tera'd, as it hits hard enough as is. I know it's not an optimal choice, but I love this thing (and it's shiny) and wanted to use it. I'm not sure if sacred sword over close combat is good or not, I'd rather this thing never be walled by iron defense mons and sacred sword helps with that, but then again since it can swords dance it should decimate everything it sees.

Maushold @ Wide Lens
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Ghost
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- Population Bomb
- Tidy Up
- Bite

Maushold: This isn't my set, it's actually my brothers, but it works incredibly well. Send it in against something trying to set up, use encore, do some cleaning, then do some sweeping. It uses bite over crunch since due to technician it's 10 BP higher than crunch, and flinching is better than a defense drop. This thing alone has swept many a team on it's own. The power of family is unmatched, and it's felt on anything that doesn't resist. Even some resist don't survive. Bite also deals with ghost and typically only needs to hit once.

My supporting cast is:

Incineroar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Parting Shot
- Will-O-Wisp
- Temper Flare
- Knock Off

Incineroar: Incineroar is meant to soften up a physical attacking opponent through burning and parting shot. It can knock off lefties to break any stall, though in my battles it didn't need to do that. Temper flare is a nuke in case will-o-wisp misses, since I don't want it to be wearing itself down with flare blitz. I picked a physical defense set since it already lowers attack on entry, and this team is kinda done for against strong special attackers anyway.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

Breloom: Classic sub-punch with a physically defensive twist. This is why incineroar is meant to soften opponents up physically, so this thing can take a hit, set up a sub, and focus punch anything that it wants. It can also set up leech seed for our sweeper boys. It doesn't hit hard enough with seed bomb, but it needs the toxic orb to be at full or at least enough to set up another substitute and from there seed or punch. I thought about throwing protect on this set and making it a discount gliscor, but figured it's better to not be absolutely walled by ghost types.

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Tera Type: Ghost
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Mimikyu: Really wasn't sure what to use for the last pokemon, so I picked one with stab priority and coverage. I think this should be switched but I am not sure with what. This thing does have it's merrits though since wood hammer doesn't tickle ground types like Breloom's seed bomb. Life orb to boost that damage, drain punch to at least keep it out of red, and shadow sneak to get other ghost before they can get us. Swords dance is almost always free, sometimes multiple are free. I thought I should drop dance for more coverage (probably a fairy move) and use choice band, but I decided against it since it doesn't hit hard enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
Hi! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!
To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.
Why did you choose this Pokemon? What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it? What are all 4 moves for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)