arts & crafts

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.

How long does it take you to do each one? I always wanted to get into knitting (no shitposting) and knit my own sweaters. Also Knit things like pillows and small blankets. Have you ever thought about doing something along those lines?

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How long does it take you to do each one? I always wanted to get into knitting (no shitposting) and knit my own sweaters. Also Knit things like pillows and small blankets. Have you ever thought about doing something along those lines?
Projects like the ones posted take me anywhere between 2~ hours (etuis) to 7~ hours (bag). These are very rough estimates because i dont really keep track of how long each takes and time flies when you're having fun. Also note that these are machine-sewn. I don't know how to knit, but I imagine it is both harder and more time consuming.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
Projects like the ones posted take me anywhere between 2~ hours (etuis) to 7~ hours (bag). These are very rough estimates because i dont really keep track of how long each takes and time flies when you're having fun. Also note that these are machine-sewn. I don't know how to knit, but I imagine it is both harder and more time consuming.

Now, would you say this is a primary hobby or just something to kill time? I always saw knitting (to me personally) as something to kill two birds with one stone...pass time and make use out of "Wasted" time, you know?

internet

Now, would you say this is a primary hobby or just something to kill time? I always saw knitting (to me personally) as something to kill two birds with one stone...pass time and make use out of "Wasted" time, you know?
I specifically do it at the arts & crafts activity at the therapy home I live in. I'm not sure if I'll buy materials and start for myself after I'm done there.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
I specifically do it at the arts & crafts activity at the therapy home I live in. I'm not sure if I'll buy materials and start for myself after I'm done there.

That sounds pretty radical. When I was in rehab they encouraged us to do arts and crafts, but I'd just got over a drug addiction and Suicidal Idealizations so I wasn't really in the mood for arts and crafts, you know? Now, almost two years...(?) Later I just want to knit and make little clay figures...I used to make clay D&D Figures for a friend's Hobby/Game Shop.

oh sweet, I've been looking for something like this!

first knitted hat

first knitted scarf in Ravenclaw and Slytherin colors

here's a basic crocheted scarf done in an ombre yarn

a chunkier crocheted scarf done in color-changing yarn with basketweave stitch. second pic is for texture~

and this is the largest project I've finished to date: a crocheted gradient virus shawl ^^;

Cool stuff here! Keep it up imo!~

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
oh sweet, I've been looking for something like this!

first knitted hat

first knitted scarf in Ravenclaw and Slytherin colors

here's a basic crocheted scarf done in an ombre yarn

a chunkier crocheted scarf done in color-changing yarn with basketweave stitch. second pic is for texture~

and this is the largest project I've finished to date: a crocheted gradient virus shawl ^^;

Cool stuff here! Keep it up imo!~
These are incredible.

These are incredible.
Thanks! It's very relaxing for me and helps to work out any pent up nervous energy. Usually I just put in a movie I've seen before and go to town. :P

internet, are those textile works hand stitched or did you use a machine? I did some sewing by hand when I was younger and I'd like to get into again assuming I can find the time of day or a place for the materials

internet

I use a sewing machine, if i even knew how to hand stitch itd still take me soooo much longer.

I used to make plushes of videogame stuff. I made a Whiscash and Mr Saturn a while back. I have 2 WIPs (Goomy and Spheal) and supplies for another (Shelgon), which I haven't touched in years. Maybe I should finish them this year. I'll show the Goomy project later.
Edit: Here's Goomy with a flashlight for scale. I need to close his bottom, where I stuffed him from. I gave him a zipper mouth so he can smile and have his signature swivel mouth
pic (Small)(1).PNG

And here's the Mr. Saturn
5257361321.jpg

Last edited:

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Do you people do commissions on this stuff?? I've been searching for years for a cute Galvantula plushie but I'm basically the only fan in the world of that Pokemon :(

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Pyritie have u ever made a Wobbuffet, Furret, Stunfisk or Wynaut? If you have I'd love to see them if you still have them.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Do you people do commissions on this stuff?? I've been searching for years for a cute Galvantula plushie but I'm basically the only fan in the world of that Pokemon :(
Yes but it's usually fairly expensive if it's being made from scratch. Patterns take a LOT of work compared to making the final plushie itself.

(sorry for double post, I'd edit but then notifications wouldn't work)

I try to stick to designs that aren't too complicated. Galvantula would take a really long time since it has so much detail.
I think the most complicated one I did was Arcanine, which was a gift for my sis.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I thought we had a thread for this but I couldn't find it
Did some research on this and it turns out there's a whole forum dedicated to it, but if you feel you get better response in this forum then there's no need to move it.

Like what I see in this thread, just the ability to repair clothes is great enough in my book, so creating plushes and your own clothing from the raw material is even more-so.

I arent exactly into these kinds of stuff, but I know a cool trick to turn a piece of paper into a smal notebook
Black: the piece of paper
Red: Where you should cut with a scisor (If you is underage/have no idea what you is doing ask for an adult)
Green: Where you should bend the paper
Blue: Where you should use a stapler to make sure it dont move (Sorry if its not the wright word (stapler), my main language is not english.)

STEP 1:
_______

!""""""""'!
!
""""""""'!
!
______!
!
""""""""'!
!
""""""""!
!______!

STEP 2:
_______
!
"""!"'""'!
!
""""!""""!
!___
!___!

STEP 3:
Repeat step 1 and 2 untill its small.
Remember, the more you repeat, more pages it will have.

STEP 4:

________
! .""""""""'!
!
.""""""""'!
!
_______!
This is to ensure it wont fall apart.
Try opening it this step, and, well, it will fail.

STEP 5:

_______
!."""""""!
!."""""""'!
!______!

These parts need to be removed so it can open.
STEP 6:
Write something in it!
Sorry if the grammar is bad, my main language is portuguese

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)