Pet Mod SylveMons (Discussion Phase)

From here on, you may only give a self-vote for every two other votes. For example, if you voted for six submissions, you may only give yourself three self-votes. If you give an odd number of votes, you round down. You are not allowed to only vote for one submission and that submission being your own. This way, everyone gets a fair shake.

Eve

Bzzt!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Ok time for mah votes. Seeing as there aren't many of each thing (except moves), I haven't found 6 things for each category that I'd actually like to see in this Meta so I'll stick to 2.
Abilities: Ethereal Fist, Mind Trick
Moves: Meteor Shower, Shock Slam, Wild Charge (Ludicrousity), Sap Wire
Items: Assault Shield, Agony Boots

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
heh. A couple of votes on Wild Charge is nice. I guess I'll vote for it too 8)

Abilities:
Housekeeping
(Reviloja753) - We need more reliable SR removers, and this is a great way to introduce them.
Mind Trick (Sharpest) - I'm kinda biased on this one, as Chandelure is one of my favourite mons. Anyway, this is a great way to abuse moves like Overheat, Superpower and moves that lower stats. It also stops setup sweepers in their tracks, by making you stronger instead.

Moves:
Wild Charge
(Me) - This buffed Wild Charge is very strong, allowing pokemon like Tapu Koko, Luxray and Electivire to have a strong, physical Electric STAB option. Solgaleo also gets it as coverage but this is OU, not Ubers.
Thunderclap (Pika Xreme) - While it is not as powerful as my Wild Charge, it comes with the advantages of more accuracy, and the ability to bypass substitute. This does seem like more of a special attack, but w/e. Not my choice
Flame Bullet (Pika Xreme) - A very good priority option with one of the most used offensive types out there. Time to abuse Mega Charizard Y?
Meteor Shower (Exploudit) - A good special rock type move is finally here. This allows mons like Scarf Nihilego to revenge kill, and for Mega Diancie to run full special (although it still probably prefers Diamond Storm for the defence buff)

Last edited:
heh. A couple of votes on Wild Charge is nice. I guess I'll vote for it too 8)

Abilities:
Housekeeping
(Yoshiblaze) - We need more reliable SR removers, and this is a great way to introduce them.
Mind Trick (Sharpest) - I'm kinda biased on this one, as Chandelure is one of my favourite mons. Anyway, this is a great way to abuse moves like Overheat, Superpower and moves that lower stats. It also stops setup sweepers in their tracks, by making you stronger instead.

Moves:
Wild Charge
(Me) - This buffed Wild Charge is very strong, allowing pokemon like Tapu Koko, Luxray and Electivire to have a strong, physical Electric STAB option. Solgaleo also gets it as coverage but this is OU, not Ubers.
Thunderclap (Pika Xreme) - While it is not as powerful as Wild Charge, it comes with the advantages of more accuracy, and the ability to bypass substitute. This does seem like more of a special attack, but w/e. Not my choice
Flame Bullet (Pika Xreme) - A very good priority option with one of the most used offensive types out there. Time to abuse Mega Charizard Y?
Meteor Shower (Exploudit) - A good special rock type move is finally here. This allows mons like Scarf Nihilego to revenge kill, and for Mega Diancie to run full special (although it still probably prefers Diamond Storm for the defence buff)
I made Housekeeping, not Yoshi :P

Moves
  • Meteor Shower (Exploudit) - Self Vote :)
  • Acid Melt (Dilasc) - Altough I feel it could get a better name this is a move I always wanted ever since I saw Freeze-Dry.
  • Aura Jab (Ticktock) - really really cool move! Really helps Lucario, which is always a good thing!
Abilities
  • Strong Hoofs (Exploudit) - Self Vote :)
  • Root Trap (Ticktock) - Pretty cool as well, I don't think it will make much difference in competitive but still cool to have!
  • Magic Healing (Yoshiblaze) - I find it weird that we don't already have an ability like this one, really cool idea from Yoshi!
  • Flare Boost (Exploudit) - Self Vote :)
Items
  • Adrenaline Orb (Yoshiblaze) - I like this, really cool for stuff like Hawlucha and other Unburden users!
  • Room Extender (Pika Xreme) - This should have been a thing a long time ago imao!
  • Assault Shield (Ezaphs) - Should have been a thing since X n' Y.
  • Choice Lens (Ezaphs) - I never tought of this and it is honestly a really cool idea despite not having that much use in competitive.
  • Agony Boots (Exploudit) - Self Vote :)
order does not matter, right?

Moves
  • Meteor Shower (Exploudit) - Self Vote :)
  • Acid Melt (Dilasc) - Altough I feel it could get a better name this is a move I always wanted ever since I saw Freeze-Dry.
  • Aura Jab (Ticktock) - really really cool move! Really helps Lucario, which is always a good thing!
Abilities
  • Strong Hoofs (Exploudit) - Self Vote :)
  • Root Trap (Ticktock) - Pretty cool as well, I don't think it will make much difference in competitive but still cool to have!
  • Magic Healing (Yoshiblaze) - I find it weird that we don't already have an ability like this one, really cool idea from Yoshi!
  • Flare Boost (Exploudit) - Self Vote :)
Items
  • Adrenaline Orb (Yoshiblaze) - I like this, really cool for stuff like Hawlucha and other Unburden users!
  • Room Extender (Pika Xreme) - This should have been a thing a long time ago imao!
  • Assault Shield (Ezaphs) - Should have been a thing since X n' Y.
  • Choice Lens (Ezaphs) - I never tought of this and it is honestly a really cool idea despite not having that much use in competitive.
  • Agony Boots (Exploudit) - Self Vote :)
order does not matter, right?
Correct.

Allow me to go more in depth, and propose a rule so that everyone's happy (probably)

Uh, are you daft? If you just voted for only your submissions, of course that would be stupid, but it's basically proven that some degree of self-voting is healthy for keeping vote counts up. And given that if you maximize your submissions and your votes, only 1/3 of those votes can be self-votes. There's absolutely no logical basis for a complete ban on self-votes.

You know what's REALLY stupid? A situation where not voting is beneficial to your submission, and so vote counts are minimal, slowing down. That's what I call stupid.

I would say that it would prooooobably be helpful to stop anyone for voting ONLY (or mainly) for themselves. Make it against the rules to have your self-votes outnumber your other votes imo.
ok ok fine. you don't have to be so aggressive about it.

Ludicrousity

Winners y'all:

New rule though, the max amount of winners in a slate is 6 per category. I don't want to have to code an overflow of moves, abilities and items. Rev agreed to this too, so, yeah. :P

Abilities

Magic Healing
(By Yoshiblaze) - This Pokemon heals 6% of their HP every turn.

Ethereal Fist (By Ezaphs) - Punch Moves become Special and gain 1.2x damage.

Disperal (By Ticktock) - Boosts Bullet Seed, Seed Bomb, and Seed Flare by 1.2x power, and Leech Seed deals 20% more damage and heals 30% more HP each turn.

Housekeeping (By Reviloja753) - Removes hazards upon switch-in.

Mind Trick (By Sharpest) - Stat changes are received by the opposing pokemon and vice versa

Flare Boost (By Exploudit) - Doubles user's SpA when burned insted of multiplying by 1.5x

Moves

Flame Bullet (By Pika Xreme) -
|
| 40 BP | 30 PP (48 Max) | 100% Acc | +1 Priority | Bullet, Defrost, Mirror, Protect

Wild Charge (By Ludicrousity) -
|
| 150 BP | 15 PP (24 max) | 80% Acc |50% Recoil | Contact, Mirror, Protect

Meteor Shower (By Exploudit) -
|
| 130 BP | 5 PP (8 max) | 100% Acc | Lowers users SpA 2 stages | Mirror, Protect

Items

Adrenaline Orb
(By Exploudit) - If the user has any of its stats lowered, its highest stat gets raised by one stage. Item does not get consumed. (80 BP Fling | Raises the targets highest stat by 1 stage)

Room Extender (By Pika Xreme) - Extends Trick Room, Magic Room and Wonder Room to 8 turns, instead of 5. (60 BP Fling)

Assault Shield (By Ezaphs) - Holder's Defense is 1.5x, but it can only select damaging moves. (80 BP Fling)

Agony Boots (By Exploudit) - Holders speed is 1.33x, but it can't use the same move twice in a row (10 BP Fling)

Home-Run Bat (By Yveltal for PU) - Reflects Sticky Web, Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes when an opponent would use it. Single-use. Does NOT break after any uses of Spikes or Toxic Spikes. (60 BP Fling)

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

hooray for triple posts... Especially at 4:10 in the morning ~_~

anyway,
Distribution Phase is now open
Quoted from the OP:
The Distribution Phase is for discussing what should get access to the winning moves and abilities. When this phase ends, the council will determine what should get access to the winning abilities and moves.

Try to stay in line with what the creators wanted for their distribution, although feel free to suggest something if it fits:

Flame Bullet (By Pika Xreme) - Any fire type, especially Magmortar
Wild Charge (By Ludicrousity) - Up for discussion. I'm fine with anything, as long as it makes sense.
Meteor Shower
(By Exploudit) - Every single fully evolved Rock-type and only Rock-types (Remember this is potential, next time Exploudit)

Magic Healing (By Yoshiblaze) - MEGA AUDINO, Misdreavus line, Fennekin line, Hoopa (both forms), Baltoy line
Ethereal Fist (By Ezaphs) - Gengar evo line, Reuniclus evo line
Dispersal (By Ticktock) - Shaymin-Land, Sunflora, Sunkern, Seedot line, Bulbasaur line (replaces Chlorophyll)
Housekeeping
(By Reviloja753) - Cinccino, Jirachi, Chansey, Clefable
Mind Trick
(By Sharpest) - Pokemon associated with hypnotic powers are a good place to start. Malamar, Chandelure, and Hypno are all interesting.
Flare Boost (By Exploudit) - Drifblim

The way this works is, have discussion about what mons should get what. Try not to do things like "I think pikachu should get Meteor Shower because it's cooooool." At the end of all of the discussion, me and Reviloja will discuss about the discussion (lol) and then come up with a list of pokemon that get things from here.

Last edited:
For Meteor Shower I'd like the Clefairy line to get it mostly for flavor, but also because coverage (tm)

Also, I do think the Bulbasaur line should get Dispersal like suggested, but removing Chlorphyll for it is basically suicide.

Outside of Fire-types, I think the Remoraid line should get Flame Bullet, because guns and all.

just some outlier thoughts, will probably go more in depth about things later

Moves:
Flame Bullet

- Well, for starters, I agree with Pika about Magmortar, because it's a Fire-type with a cannon. That can shoot some bullets.
- Chimchar line, Rapidash line, Moltres, and the Typhlosion line all make sense to me because they visibly have Fire on their bodies that they could shoot out. I guess the Litwick line counts too.
- I agree with Remoraid, also that's hilarious. Going off of that, it does fit with the Fire-type flavor moves Genesect, Toucannon, and Celesteela already get, making them believable receivers.

Wild Charge

- Keeping the original list seems fine

Abilities:
Magic Healing
- Mega Audino is a requirement (not literally, but that's how much I want it), so it will have an actually useful and flavorful ability (Magic Healing reinforces the idea that Audino can magically heal itself and others that's supported by Healer, Regenerator, Wish, and Heal Pulse) that increases it's longevity. Plus, it needs a singles ability, I see what Game Freak was going for in order to make it VGC usable, but it didn't really work.
- I honestly don't care what else gets it, but the stuff I suggested were either magicians, had the ability Magician, or cosmic.

Ethereal Fist

- I agree with Gengar and Reuniclus, especially the latter, as it makes sense for a Psychic-type to use Special power on it's physical moves. Other than that, I don't really know what else.

Dispersal
- For sort of the same reason as Seedot or Sunkern, the Budew line and Exeggcute line could fit the bill as well, since Budew is a bud and Exeggcute is a group of seeds.

Ludicrousity

Flame Bullet - Flame Bullet is a nice priority move, as it is a Fire Type Vacuum Wave. Some pokemon I think could get it that aren't Fire type are:
Celesteela, Solrock and Toucannon

Wild Charge - Hitmonlee, Staraptor, Rhyperior and Mienshao seem interesting. I'm looking at these because of Reckless as an ability. I'm rather wary about Tapu Koko keeping the move though.. Sure, it can't hit Ground types, but... Here are some calcs
252 Atk Tapu Koko Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Electric Terrain: 360-426 (118.4 - 140.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Tapu Koko Wild Charge vs. 248 HP / 116 Def Sableye-Mega in Electric Terrain: 253-298 (83.4 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Meteor Shower - This gives a nice special Rock type move to some of the special rock types, although it's secondary effect is rather annoying to deal with.
Clefable, Wigglytuff, Nidoking, Nidoqueen and Delcatty all evolve with a moon stone, which I think is a good reason for them to get Meteor Shower

Moves:

Flame Bullet: Clawitzer, definitely. I know its a water type, but pistol shrimps, an animal clawitzer is based on, when they use their pistol, they make a great noise and a lot of heat by a fraction of a second, so they can make heat, so it makes sence, i guess.

Abilitys:

Magic Healing: Mega Audino and Tapu Fini. Tapu Fini can use it with Leftovers, so it kets (kinda) of a good sustain, but this dont completely shut down its Misty Surge: it enjoy a lot not being statused.

Ethereal Fists: Give this to Mega and normal Alakazam, by the love of god.

House Keeping: Think about Wigglytuff with a broom cleaning the ground from spikes and little, pointy rocks. It just... works (in my mind, i guess).

Eve

Bzzt!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Moves:
Wild Charge: Fine as is imo
Flame Bullet: Probably quite a few fire types, but Octillery could be cool too ye. Also maybe Clawitzer?
Meteor Shower: Pokémon that also learn Power Gem seem like good candidates

Abilities:
Magic Healing: Chimecho + Chingling?
Ethereal Fist: Zam sounds good ye, maybe Mr. Mime, or even Hoopa-Unbound seeing as it literally has floating fists. But here's a dank one purely for the sake of theme; Marshadow, seeing as its somewhat ethereal.
Dispersal: Idk
Housekeeping: Machamp line, seeing as they're always used when moving house. (Replaces Steadfast)
Mind Trick: Hoopa-Confined seeing as its a trickster and all
Flare Boost: Maybe Gourgeist, seeing as its a Jack-O-Lantern it makes sense that it gets stronger when lit

Things that should get Flame Bullet (I'm giving it to a lot of things because the only other special priority move is super badly distributed and also was a tutor move)
Special-Leaning Fire Types

Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard
Vulpix, Ninetales (Kanto)
Magby, Magmar, Magmortar
Moltres
Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion
Slugma, Magcargo
Numel, Camerupt
Heatran
Litwick, Lampent, Chandelure
Heatmor
Volcarona
Fennekin, Braixen, Delphox
Litleo, Pyroar
Volcanion
Salandit, Salazzle

Pocket Monsters with guns and stuff (tm)

Blastoise
Golem (Alola)
Magmortar
Remoraid, Octillery
Genesect
Clauncher, Clawitzer
Toucannon
Vikavolt
Celesteela

Reactions: Eve

Ludicrousity

Moves:
Wild Charge: Fine as is imo
Flame Bullet: Probably quite a few fire types, but Octillery could be cool too ye. Also maybe Clawitzer?
Meteor Shower: Pokémon that also learn Power Gem seem like good candidates

Abilities:
Magic Healing: Chimecho + Chingling?
Ethereal Fist: Zam sounds good ye, maybe Mr. Mime, or even Hoopa-Unbound seeing as it literally has floating fists. But here's a dank one purely for the sake of theme; Marshadow, seeing as its somewhat ethereal.
Dispersal: Idk
Housekeeping: Machamp line, seeing as they're always used when moving house. (Replaces Steadfast)
Mind Trick: Hoopa-Confined seeing as its a trickster and all
Flare Boost: Maybe Gourgeist, seeing as its a Jack-O-Lantern it makes sense that it gets stronger when lit
Giving Marshadow Ethereal fist might work flavour-wise, but it's absolute piss in competitive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)