CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely agree that Dry Skin is a really bad choice for this poke. Why would a mummy have any reason at all to be immune to water?

In order to make use of the inherent Fire problems, the only thing I can suggest is to make an ability that has him immune to either ground (I know I am about to get crucified, but why would dirt hurt a mummy?) or Rock. The mummy is from a desert tomb........its used to sand.

Insomnia, too good to pass up. Maybe it can help counter the evil of Breloom then, and Shed Skin just because more pokemon with decent stats need it.

I am going to cast my second vote for Shed Skin.

My other choices were pretty much the other Skins and Sand Veil. Now I don't play competitively enough (to probably be a good source) to know just how annoying Garchomp is in a sandstorm.

After thinking for a bit about it, I can't seem to grasp the idea of a mummy being immune to Water. If anything, realistically water would get the bandages and the corpse wet; and mold would start to grow. However, the (slight) weak to Fire makes total sense.

As for Rough Skin...how exactly are these bandages rough to cause damage on contact? If anything they'd be more brittle.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LOL I just thought of something.

We could give this mummy Solar Power because he's a servant of the sun God Ra!

It would make Sunny Day hurt while not granting Water immunity >_>

Can I suggest some traits?

Paralyzing Fear
When Mummahos (made up name FTW) is in play, all pokémons are locked so they can only switch-out in the end of the turns.

This can be offensively useful for scoring a hit in pokémons before they run. It'll also defensively useful because you can send any pokémon after Mummahos, because Mummahos will take the hit. Very strategic, but maybe broken - can have sideeffects, though.
No effect on ghosts.
Logic: If you see a ghost mummy, you can have 2 reasons. The first one, you get paralyzed of fear.

Get Out
When Mummahos is sent in, the opponent's pokémon automaticly returns - like a Roar. It's not broken and can be very useful for breaking setups, batom pass teams etc. etc. Very strategic.
Logic: The second one... you run of fear.

Apparition
The opponent pokémon can't attack the turn Mummahos is sent in. Not so strategic but welcome and far from broken.
Logic: read paralyzing fear.

Elder Curse
Every turn Mummahos is in play, the opponent's pokémon looses life. Pretty basic.
Logic: egypcian curse stuff.

Leach Touch / Death Touch
Every contact attack used by Mummahos acts like a life-draining attack (eg giga drain). Kinda strategic, can be used to make Mummahos the "survivest" wall of all.
Logic: not a vampire but mummies steal lifes too.

When Mummahos is sent in, the opponent's pokémon automaticly returns - like a Roar. It's not broken and can be very useful for breaking setups, batom pass teams etc. etc. Very strategic.
Mummahos= Mummy + Hoes?Awesome name

No, actually it's Rahemos, the pharaoh, + Mummy.
"Awesome name" <- are you serious? O.o

Hey I'm re-reading my post, wow my english is a shame. Sorry guys.

Paralyzing Fear
When Mummahos (made up name FTW) is in play, all pokémons are locked so they can only switch-out in the end of the turns.

This can be offensively useful for scoring a hit in pokémons before they run. It'll also defensively useful because you can send any pokémon after Mummahos, because Mummahos will take the hit. Very strategic, but maybe broken - can have sideeffects, though.
No effect on ghosts.
Logic: If you see a ghost mummy, you can have 2 reasons. The first one, you get paralyzed of fear.

I don't understand this one, would it make switching low priority or something?

Get Out

Now THIS would be fun on an entry-hazard using team

Apparition
The opponent pokémon can't attack the turn Mummahos is sent in. Not so strategic but welcome and far from broken.
Logic: read paralyzing fear.

Would be fun ingame and against idiots who use charge-up moves

Elder Curse
Every turn Mummahos is in play, the opponent's pokémon looses life. Pretty basic.
Logic: egypcian curse stuff.

Sounds broken. A tank who hurts the enemy just by being there?

Leach Touch / Death Touch
Every contact attack used by Mummahos acts like a life-draining attack (eg giga drain). Kinda strategic, can be used to make Mummahos the "survivest" wall of all.
Logic: not a vampire but mummies steal lifes too.

Sounds kinda unfair. Imagine if you had this and managed to Focus Punch a Blissey or something. Then again, there's the Shell Bell which heals you based on how much you did, it could be seen like that
I don't know what abilities I'd like it to have, I'm just commenting on those ideas.

Yes, it would make switching low priority. I see your point about elder curse and leach touch, but if you just make it low percentages then it's not so broken.

Mummymon Tighten it's Focus
Enemy Blissey can't not switch out due to Paralyzing Fear and forfeit turn
Mummymon used Focus Punch
Enemy Blissey Faint
End Turn, user could now switch out Blissey.

/\ I see it as a good thing. Blissey is already good enough, and you can always send your Dark or Psychic pokemon and do the same to Mummahos, as he's affected too.

I'm voting for Insomnia and Shed Skin.

We need at least one good Insomnia user in OU. Primape just doesn't cut it.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Been thinking up a few names.

Hieromum (High-err-o-mum) Hieroglyphics + mummy.

Revenankh. (Rev-en-ahn-k.)

Revenant + Ankh.

Revenant is defined in the dictionary as a spirit that has returned after death. Ahnk is the egyptian symbol for life.

It sounds the smoothest that I've come up with so far. The rest are all strange or clunky.

It could also stand for Revenge and Ankh.

Revenanhk. I could learn to like that name

I just realized something after someone mentioned "Solar power" as a trait.

What about Drought? It makes perfect sense, as it's a mummy. You could also say he was a servant of Ra, giving him more connections to the sun. Also, we really need non-uber pokemon with Drought.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
To Hyra: Can we suggest names of this Pokemon yet?

Hmm, since I posted, I might as well vote. Air Lock and Synchronize.

Gonna go with

Insomnia and Shed skin

These abilities both fit the pokémon well and both go well with the OU metagame. Shed skin is my personal favourite as I can imagine a lumbering mummy leaving a trail of bandages behind it.

To Hyra: Can we suggest names of this Pokemon yet?

Hmm, since I posted, I might as well vote. Air Lock and Synchronize.
Yeah, although that poll is a ways off

Anyways, I'm going to be gone until tomorrow night, which is when I am ending this poll. School field trip/balhblah. Don't any of you think of moving on without my permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)