NOC Smogon Rewind Night 3

Hal is also probably town

At first I was really shocked when you said this

Then I realized you hadn't played a game with asek since Reinforcements/Matrix 12. So I don't really think I got anywhere from this post.

One question: why? You really don't see the differences I do?
I used my day cop and got this
Dear Texas Cloverleaf, you are aligned with former's cult.

You are probably town because your tone and reasoning is pretty good and doesn't seem like something contrived or faked on the spot.

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
There is some level of disingenuity in Asek's progression that I feel is very disoriented compared to prior games he's played. I fail to see why, how or where he got to most of his endpoints. "but nuxl you're just biased because of his negative readon on U!!!" yeah shut the fuck up and please read this damn post.

There are maybe, four or five other players than me that I hold high expectations to when I sign up for a game. Notably, my favorite two out of the pool are Hal and Tommy, but these also include players like Asek and Texas. These people have incredibly strong town games whether it be charisma or read accuracy, and besides hal have huge discrepancies when it comes to their town and scumgames; especially when you factor in meta.

Two major games of note I really want to pinpoint are Matrix 12 and Rand+++. I'm not going to go all out like invitational on this and go quote heavy but I think if you read them yourself you might come to the same conclusions I do.

Matrix 12 was probably Asek's strongest towngame.There was a lot of elaboration and progression on his own reads, and intent to connect with people he found in his towncore (apricity, texas). There was a lot of pushes and interaction with town, this being a key indicator of what I think his largest discrepancy between his scum and town games are; in games like reinforcements and matrix 14 you see him post in more adamant bursts and is more sideliney, versus in his town games where he pushes his own wagons and tries to coerce other people to hop on as well as attempting to engage with most of the game. Intriguingly enough, he also had mostly correct reads! (This last point shouldn't be an indicator against him compared to this game, but a key example of how Asek is a strong town player in general)

Rand+++ showed him with more low effort, but there were still glimpses. There is notable interest when it comes to digging into other people's mindsets. There is effort in pushing people and leading wagons; namely CB. There is interest in mindmelding with other slots. Sometimes there's even explained progression. There's even an almost whimsical jab at Texas for his read on him, which you can see genuine emotion/cheekiness in posts in Greek Myth and Matrix 14(earlygame).

In games like Matrix 14(2018) and Reinforcements you, for the most part, don't really see this stuff. He posts in bursts there and actively sidelines, notably in Matrix 14. Most reads there eventually align with thread view at the time as opposed to well, becoming the thread view at the time. There isn't as much player to player interaction as before. There is less tone overall.

You don't see most of this stuff here either. The only development you see in this thread is his read on u-turn out, which well, didn't really get anywhere as you saw before. There's a lack of wish to create asek-to-other-player interaction.

Additionally, how did he get to scumread me again? How did it develop? This is particularly egregious because he's played scum with me twice now. I would think he would have some sort of view of how different it would be, but I fail to see why I'm in his scum pool to begin with because uh, no reasoning has been given? Additionally, there is little interest in me in general. No casing, no active pushing, no mindset digging; stuff you see regularly inside his town games.

My meta is incredibly different from my scumgames and towngames, until The Game I go ahead and try harder to fix it. I enjoy playing town a lot more than I do scum, which is why I post a lot more as town. I'm probably top-posting right now, actually. Which is why I get particularly annoyed when people misread me (and this isn't particularly unusual either if you look past games where I've had bad starts xd) because I personally think I am a very easy read. I believe people who see me play scum in general would have better knowledge on how to read me, which is where I'm finding it both particularly intriguing and confusing.

So basically I'm left at a conclusion where Asek is hitting most of the markers that do not make him town for me. My read accuracy is historically pretty damn good D1 so I'd suggest you suck it up and sheep me, or at least talk to me about it.

Nuxl

caffbo's vote on asek was really stiff and ass and felt out of nowhere. Maybe it's a case of "bad place bad time" but it's like, his immediate concern upon thread reentry (for 40 minutes; #805 12:47 PM - #826 1:34) was looking for a place to defend himself instead of finding other ways to contribute.

his reads feel flowy as if they agree with the thread in question, which felt weaker than prior games (ocnoc2 where he sheeped his, uniquely discovered, townreads) or hope+1/2d3 where he contributed unique reads past just shitposting d1. Here it's just... thoughts out of nowhere, or filler shitposting. No intent of trying to connect with his townreads at all or even wanting to sheep them to some extent. Just opinions which align with the thread that definitely came uniquely from his own mouth. Yep.

I don't have a good history of reading caff but it just felt very... prickly to me. Unusual.

Nuxl

Not entirely sure why cock is gaining traction; admittedly I haven't had much in-thread focus most of the day and have yet to dive his prior games which he played like, two years ago on-site? I didn't hate his responses to my pressure on him and don't get how things are "indicative of his scum game" - godplayer asek, which I admittedly need to go back and check for myself from two years ago.

Not really saying he's in my towncore or anything, just don't really see the wagon That much. Admittedly, I like to think I'm more confident in people I've played/tried to read with before.

Nuxl

multiple people including former and asek have viewed this thread since my posts. such is life.

Other random thoughts I have:

rad and hal are permatown

rn i have energy as more town than whydon apricity

interestingly, jordan is pretty opaque compared to games as both alignments of his. Not going to go in depth about a tell I think I have there that actually might break town this game but i would appreciate any soul reads from 3P1K

vigvig pinged me off of tone/direction alone and would appreciate any forum maf games he's played cuz i do not see his name on the ps forums literally anywhere VigilanteVigoroth

No strong opinion on uto other than "there is a noticable difference in thread presence and actual post structure/content" compared to white flag. Which doesn't get me a good read so I'll probably just ignore his slot since finding a cohesive solve elsewhere is better. I probably should've reranded white flag not because tommy is aids at scum but because i don't have any in-date town games to read from him

Nuxl

Skimming Animal and Invitational Redux and I'm even more not really seeing it on cock. Think he's not the play today my guys.

I actually don't want to write why in particular since I don't think it's necessary at this current point of time, but I'll have the reasoning on copy paste if somebody is overtly furious at this.

Nuxl

It's, however, 3 AM and I've been reading multiple threads for the past few hours. Kind of more confident in these takes than anything I've ever had before in my life but can't tell if that's deluded by the fact that my head is kind of hurting right now.

Meta is really important and I implore you to use it, especially when talking to me. Thanks for listening to my TED Talk

Nuxl

Skimming Animal and Invitational Redux and I'm even more not really seeing it on cock. Think he's not the play today my guys.

I actually don't want to write why in particular since I don't think it's necessary at this current point of time, but I'll have the reasoning on copy paste if somebody is overtly furious at this.
the reasoning is saved on my desktop as New Text Document (3). good night

multiple people including former and asek have viewed this thread since my posts. such is life.

Other random thoughts I have:

rad and hal are permatown

rn i have energy as more town than whydon apricity

interestingly, jordan is pretty opaque compared to games as both alignments of his. Not going to go in depth about a tell I think I have there that actually might break town this game but i would appreciate any soul reads from 3P1K

vigvig pinged me off of tone/direction alone and would appreciate any forum maf games he's played cuz i do not see his name on the ps forums literally anywhere VigilanteVigoroth

No strong opinion on uto other than "there is a noticable difference in thread presence and actual post structure/content" compared to white flag. Which doesn't get me a good read so I'll probably just ignore his slot since finding a cohesive solve elsewhere is better. I probably should've reranded white flag not because tommy is aids at scum but because i don't have any in-date town games to read from him
I subbed into Ww2 mafia on here which was like a year and a half ago Idr how active I was but I lived for a while I think and I was town

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
Yup... okay, yeah, this has been a terrible game for me so far. I'll try to fix that if you let me.

Haven't changed my opinions on the playerbase (Hal, Nuxl, Tex town, KoC probably town, Asek probably scum) but I'll try to play better D2 (and for the rest of D1 obviously). If I'm lynched, I'm sorry to everybody in the game for my poor showing and I hope you're not too mad at me.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Former I get why you think so but I'm not seeing the usual markers in Jordan yet, historically I can catch him within a couple posts and he's not pinging me yet
Nuxl KoC is pinging me but not so strongly I want to pursue it today, but keep him in mind as an option
apricity your projection of your own anger and disinterest on the rest of the game is misplaced and wrong. I have no more time for whining, if you have something to say, say it and let's move forward

Normally if say I'm fine with any of cb/KoC/Asek but I'm getting a vibe that that would be a bad thing, I'm firmly behind an asek Lynch today

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This talk about how your usual markers and tells are invalid because of me is flatly wrong when you consider that half the game didn't notice what I was doing and another half thereafter didn't care

just caught up ITT
but im tired after last night so im going back to sleep.
@KoC dont expect a wall but i’ll get you a couple reads when i wake up
Jordan hasnt ignited my soul yet so he can probably live for now eli

I'm fine voting KoC just so I don't have to try and constantly parse his posts of half metatextual references half mom sequiteurs
I'm not fine with this becuase you should know by now that throwing buzzwords and naked votes at me doesn't work for sorting me, either. For once in your life, wipe the bullshit off this lazy wagon and actually case me.

Hal is also probably town

I used my day cop and got this
Dear Texas Cloverleaf, you are aligned with former's cult.

You are probably town because your tone and reasoning is pretty good and doesn't seem like something contrived or faked on the spot.
If you were a daycop you could have solved not having to think about me by using it on me today.

Gonna read Nux;l's walls in a sec but first I'd like to point out Asek's not reading me the same way he read me as scum in 2OC2NOC. I'm gonna let him idle in my nulls until I sort out where my Townreads are wrong, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)