Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Apologies in advance for noob questions.

1. How come online battle matchups take forever to find a partner? I have pokemon moon and I can barely find someone online to fight with in rating battles, even free battles take a long time too.

2. Obviously the people that play online don't follow smogon rules, where do the smogon community play their battles?

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Apologies in advance for noob questions.

1. How come online battle matchups take forever to find a partner? I have pokemon moon and I can barely find someone online to fight with in rating battles, even free battles take a long time too.

2. Obviously the people that play online don't follow smogon rules, where do the smogon community play their battles?
1. I guess because no one is on?
2. http://play.pokemonshowdown.com

What would happen if you were to stop creating all those formats ? What if players were "free" ? Would it be THAT bad ?

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
It's called Anything Goes. From what I hear, it's very luck-based and only a few Pokemon species are good.
Arguably untrue high ladder; yes there are plenty more gimmicks and cheese strats (BP, Moody, etc) but they aren't really good or consistent, and aside from those, luck is not really a factor more than it is in every game of mons.
Latter statement is fairly true but most mons viable in Ubers are also viable (not necessarily to the same extent).

/way offtopic but this seems to be every single person's view of AG if they haven't played it and spreading misinformation in a SQSA thread is counterproductive lmao

Arguably untrue high ladder; yes there are plenty more gimmicks and cheese strats (BP, Moody, etc) but they aren't really good or consistent, and aside from those, luck is not really a factor more than it is in every game of mons.
Latter statement is fairly true but most mons viable in Ubers are also viable (not necessarily to the same extent).

/way offtopic but this seems to be every single person's view of AG if they haven't played it and spreading misinformation in a SQSA thread is counterproductive lmao
Sorry. I edited that part out of my post.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Hizo, I've been playing showdown forma some week and I use to play random, bit I can't find gen5 random. Anyone can help me pls?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 6)