Ability Unity!

Multiscale Salamence, Magic Guard Life Orb Sylveon, Harvest Celebi, Contrary Hoopa-U (for Hyperspace Fury), Serene Grace Metagross, and Regenerator Vaporeon (oh yes) which makes wish passing so much more effective. Celebi, Metagross, and Hoopa I thought off the top of my head, but they have a little potential. I think I'm gonna like this mega.

Just a couple fun sets I've run so far

Goodra @ Persim Berry
Ability: Shed Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Rest

Because Dragonair and Dratini give pure dragons shed skin, it's basically hydration but a bit better it is a fun set.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

Imo magic guard>magic bounce b/c it protects you from all status, this is more defensive but cm does help a lot.

Exhibit A fo cress: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/abilityunity-354618744

Last edited:
go try it if you don't believe me.
it is but it cant have sheer force
It seems that ppl obviously can't read in this thread
No matter if its suppose to be or not, it's legal. That literally takes two second to test and I wish ppl could do that instead of posting a stupid one liner in an already cluttered thread.

Delphox has more power and speed than victini which is reason enough to earn him some usage.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
SOOOOO let me cover up some of the shitposting. I was going to post a cash set, but the more I try to teambuild around it, the more I realize that this meta is utter SHIT with gale wings being legal. So here's that.

Gale wings, in this metagame, is COMPLETELY broken, going beyond simple overcentralization. In terms of running offense, your options for not losing a mon every time a gale wings user comes in is to literally run a wall. If you don't run a wall on HO, you lose a mon literally every time any gale wings user comes in. Even mons that you would think can check these as offensive threats can't, as intimidate raikou takes 40-47, enough to 2hko after rocks, not to mention the fact that any gale wings abuser just slapping return completely obliterates raikou and prevents it from checking anything else for the rest of the match.

Gale wings is borderline broken in AAA, a metagame where offensive teams can afford to run gale wings skarmory to check most gale wings users, and also run primordial sea skarmory to beat Moltres as well. In this metagame, there is quite literally nothing that switches into ALL of the gale wings users safely, even for stall teams. Even if there was, I can't be fucked to run Skarmory on EVERY Offense team in this metagame just to not get beaten by SOME of the gale wings users, not including teams that run both Moltres AND Braviary/Raptor.

Creativity is irrelevant right now because everything just gets destroyed by Gale Wings. I like having revenge killing readily available, as it prevents a lot of sweepers from being broken. In this tier, however, bulky mons can't do enough to handle the power of a base 120 power attack coming off of base 123 attack with +1 priority, let alone offense. I literally can't counter, or even CHECK gale wings, me being left to sack something every time one comes in.

Oh and chatter is still legal.

Gale wings is strong but that's simply not true. There are several offensive mons that can take on common users (tough claws rachi/metagross for example) and their guarunteed sharply defined weakness to stealth rocks holds back gale wings quite a bit. However moxie dragonite is something that annihilates HO if you are looking for random examples of things that have the capability to just crush HO. I think gale wings is fine so far.

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Lapras @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Heal Bell

Honchkrow @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Perish Song
- Roost
- Protect
- Mean Look

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Perish Song
- Whirlpool
- Toxic

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Toxic

Yeah, you need to ban Perish Song. It's broken and over-centralizes.

Last edited:
Lapras @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Heal Bell

Honchkrow @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Calm Nature
- Perish Song
- Roost
- Protect
- Mean Look

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Perish Song
- Whirlpool
- Toxic

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Toxic

Yeah, you need to ban Perish Song. It's broken and over-centralizes.
1) Murkrow pulls of this Honchkrow set better due to better bulk, but you can already use it in standard and its bad.
2) Azumarill already has Sap Sipper in normal play and IIRC its illegal with Whirlpool. Regardless, nobody considers that set broken.
3) Why Regnerator on that Politoed set? The point of Perish Song is to stay in, the point of Regnerator is to switch out.
4) For something to be overcentralizing, it needs to be so common that it shapes the meta. Has anyone even mentioned Perish Song in this thread?

There are a bunch more problems with Perish trapping in general, but consider its not even noticeably different in AU based on the sets you posted, I don't see why it needs attention.

After playing some matches, one thing jumped out at me. People: stop using Gale Wings Moltres, it sucks. It can't touch Rock types, Hurricane hits when it feels like hitting unless you run Moltres in Rain which of course renders its Fire STAB useless. If you want a Gale Wings user, run Choice Band Braviary - it has a more powerful and much more reliable STAB, and between Return, Brave Bird and Superpower it can hit everything you'd ever normally see for good damage. If you want to use Moltres, run it as a Drought Wallbreaker - while it's slower than Charizard Y, it doesn't fill your mega slot, has comparable power with a Life Orb, and it also gets Morning Sun which restores 66% HP in Sun. You could run Regenerator as well.

After playing some matches, one thing jumped out at me. People: stop using Gale Wings Moltres, it sucks. It can't touch Rock types, Hurricane hits when it feels like hitting unless you run Moltres in Rain which of course renders its Fire STAB useless. If you want a Gale Wings user, run Choice Band Braviary - it has a more powerful and much more reliable STAB, and between Return, Brave Bird and Superpower it can hit everything you'd ever normally see for good damage. If you want to use Moltres, run it as a Drought Wallbreaker - while it's slower than Charizard Y, it doesn't fill your mega slot, has comparable power with a Life Orb, and it also gets Morning Sun which restores 66% HP in Sun. You could run Regenerator as well.
Except the whole reason you run Gale Wings Moltres is because you get a priority 165 BP Special Flying move that has like a 30% chance to confuse. It isn't bad by any means and all these Rock-types dont take specs too well. But that reminds me, what Rock-types are even used in this meta? You are better off using Chansey as your Moltres check because at least Chansey has a wider selection of abilities. Also, that Braviary isnt going to last too long with recoil + possible rocks. Also that Braviary literally gets 1v1d by Skarm. Registeel which looks really nice in this meta lives Adamant Super Power and can Twave. And don't forget Rotom-W which can burn you. Rotom-S which gets a lot better with abilities like Static and Pressure can 1v1 a lot of the physical Gale Wings users.

Things that it seems to me are OP:

Hoopa @ Choice Band
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248Hp, 252atk, 8Sp.def
Adamant Nature
-Hyperspace Fury
-drain punch
-ice punch
-Gunk Shot

I know the set looks pretty clunky, but it's the part in which I was like, "I'm bored, let's play a Metagame." I really like the Hyperspace Fury and it's gets him going if your able to spam it, and almost everything else is for coverage. The Evs are there because I thought he'd be better bulky.

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252atk, 4sp.def, 252spe
Jolly Nature
-Megahorn
-poison jab
-earthquake
-superpower

I absolutely LOVE this set! Because Mega Beedrill gets Adaptability, and scolipede is already pretty good with it's Megahorn, why not make it even MORE overpowered! So it gets some serious STAB on Poison jab and Megahorn, and can wreck pretty much all else with Superpower and EQ.

Also, couldn't you have Delphox with Victory star and Victini with Victory Star to have 1.2 accuracy on ALL your moves? Just put them both on EVERY team.

Last edited:
Things that it seems to me are OP:

Hoopa @ Choice Band
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248Hp, 252atk, 8Sp.def
Adamant Nature
-Hyperspace Fury
-drain punch
-ice punch
-Gunk Shot

I know the set looks pretty clunky, but it's the part in which I was like, "I'm bored, let's play a Metagame." I really like the Hyperspace Fury and it's gets him going if your able to spam it, and almost everything else is for coverage. The Evs are there because I thought he'd be better bulky.

Scolipede @ Life Orb
EVs: 252atk, 4sp.def, 252spe
Jolly Nature
-Megahorn
-poison jab
-earthquake
-superpower

I absolutely LOVE this set! Because Mega Beedrill gets Adaptability, and scolipede is already pretty good with it's Megahorn, why not make it even MORE overpowered! So it gets some serious STAB on Poison jab and Megahorn, and can wreck pretty much all else with Superpower and EQ.

Also, couldn't you have Delphox with Victory star and Victini with Victory Star to have 1.2 accuracy on ALL your moves? Just put them both on EVERY team.
Sadly, Victory star only activates when you are on the feild, so you cant stack those boosts. If this was triples that would be great, but AU is a singles metagame.

Rotom-S would get more mileage from Prankster IMO, as it would have priority Thunder Wave, Wisp, Confuse Ray, Toxic and even Pain Split. Volt Absorb does give a nice immunity, but Static is far too situational IMO
Er, do you mean rotom-f? Thundy is the only electric type with prankster, so I assume so, but...
Unless I'm missing something?

i found something nice:

Venomoth @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain / Roost
- Quiver Dance

new volcarona, but only 1x weak to rocks :)

i found something nice:

Venomoth @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain / Roost
- Quiver Dance

new volcarona, but only 1x weak to rocks :)
With an offensive typing that godawful (and unlike Mega Beedrill, no way of pivoting out of its many switch-ins), I'm not sure Venomoth can afford to give up Tinted Lens -- not to mention that by needing a coverage move on top of its STABs, it doesn't have room for Sleep Powder. Have you tested this set out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)