Powered Up!

I don't really get the point of the metagame. it's basically a metagame where abilities are everything. Why boost the damage? it just makes the entire metagame really offence based.

If we wanted a consist an means to double effects
we would probably use stages (like stat changes)
which work in sequence
2/4,2/3,2/2,3/2,4/2...
so
1.3 is a stage of .plus .6 so doubling that we would get (3.2)/2 is 1.6
a defensive modifiers like filter of 3/4 is a modifier of minus .667 doubling that we get 2/3.33333=.6 damage multiplier
fur coat would have multiplier of 3(it should any ways since defense is plus 100 it should be plus 200)
this is mostly consistent with abilities that affect stats/damage with what you already have
the main things that would change are filter/solid rock and parental bond (not really relavent) and fur coat, that's all I see.

I don't really get the point of the metagame. it's basically a metagame where abilities are everything. Why boost the damage? it just makes the entire metagame really offence based.
Just think about it this way....In my sig, I recommend this metagame to people who "want stall to go die in a hole". Also, if you want to kill offense, use Prankster. Instant anti-offense in my opinion. You could also run weather stall, with all of the fun toys they get now (Snow Cloak, for instance). Also, think about just how much more offensive this was when it was only damage modifying abilities.
Well in that case stuff like sheer force should be x1.69
Sheer Force multiplies damage by x1.3, not x1.345.
Shouldn't Hustle become x2 instead of x2.25? It's the same thing as Guts, Toxic Boost, Flare Boost, etc.

I don't understand why Filter/Solid Rock becomes 3/8. It reduces SE damage by 25%. After doubled, it should reduce by 50%.
Huh, I thought I did list those abilities as x2. Changing. In changing, I realized that they were put on the list correctly.

Filter/Solid Rock do not reduce SE damage by 25%, they reduce SE damage by x3/4; In this case, you multiply 3/4 by 1/2, which is equal to 3/8. Hence, x3/8.

Everything on this list, I had a reason for putting on it. I may not remember it now, and that reason may not have been a good one, but I had a reason.

Just think about it this way....In my sig, I recommend this metagame to people who "want stall to go die in a hole". Also, if you want to kill offense, use Prankster. Instant anti-offense in my opinion. You could also run weather stall, with all of the fun toys they get now (Snow Cloak, for instance). Also, think about just how much more offensive this was when it was only damage modifying abilities.

Huh, I thought I did list those abilities as x2. Changing. In changing, I realized that they were put on the list correctly.

Filter/Solid Rock do not reduce SE damage by 25%, they reduce SE damage by x3/4; In this case, you multiply 3/4 by 1/2, which is equal to 3/8. Hence, x3/8.

Everything on this list, I had a reason for putting on it. I may not remember it now, and that reason may not have been a good one, but I had a reason.
I fail to see how it will benefit me in sacking a prankster pokemon like Thundurus to T-wave something that's going to outright kill me. My opponent will be paralyzed, but he'll still be alive. And he'll still be able to do work. I guess flat out offence isn't as fun for me

I fail to see how it will benefit me in sacking a prankster pokemon like Thundurus to T-wave something that's going to outright kill me. My opponent will be paralyzed, but he'll still be alive. And he'll still be able to do work. I guess flat out offence isn't as fun for me
Other than Prankster, you still have Snow Cloak and such. Thus, Weather stall could be fun; I'm probably going to end up using Sand Stall myself, as Gliscor can really troll people with Sand Veil....Not that it is worth using when it has Poison Heal.

In terms of outright killing, this is my take on it. If it kills a certain mon outright, you move on to another mon until you find one that actually works. It may take a long time, but you'll get there. And if you can't find a counter, it'll probably end up banned.

If you are really scared of everything OHKOing you, you could always try killing them first with Smogon Bird. ;)

Also, why did you ban Beedrillite? With so many things that are much more broken right now, I don't think that Mega Beedrill is even a top threat.
Adaptability may not be the best ability, but it is definetly high up there. Imagine that in the hands of Beedrill-Mega. But yeah, that was back from the beginning of this OM, so I'm going to unban it.

Also, I hear a collective grunt about Serene Grace "hax" here, so I'm banning it.

FUN TIMES END NOW

No it doesn't. Yours boosts EVERYTHING, not just abilities. Seriously. Not to mention yours boosts in a different way.

Fur Coat doubles defense, not multiply it by 1.5. 2*2=4, and 4 doesn't equal 3. If you work backwards, 3/2=1.5, and 1.5 does not equal 2.
Then why does chlorophyll multiply by three? Your logic was that chloro adds the speed to itself (so it's speed + speed), and then in this meta, it does that again (so it's speed + speed + speed). For consistency, fur coat would triple.

Also, why did you ban Beedrillite? With so many things that are much more broken right now, I don't think that Mega Beedrill is even a top threat.
252+ Atk Mega Beedrill U-turn vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 390-459 (143.3 - 168.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-1 252+ Atk Mega Beedrill U-turn vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 138-162 (43.2 - 50.7%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Mega Beedrill U-turn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 307-363 (87.2 - 103.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

I could go on but Beedril doesn't have the best coverage. What it CAN hit dies. What it can't hit wont die... ever.

I'd also like to point out that Mega Beedril is almost twice as powerful as +1 choice banded Genesect

+1 252 Atk Choice Band Genesect U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 486-572 (142.5 - 167.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Mega Beedrill U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 780-918 (228.7 - 269.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways

sheer force: 1.3 x 1.3 = 1.69

Tbh this meta isn't too offensive imo, since there will be so much anti-offense we might see more balanced offensive teams as effective.

You have Slow Start listed twice in the OP.

Sturdy is silly.

Why not have Harvest have two shots at spawning a Berry?

aaaaa Tinted Lens turns ineffective hits into being better than neutral hits! You can't resist it! (OK fine you can double-resist it ro actually reduce damage, but that's not much help)

Wait does Truant's description mean Turn>Pass>Pass>Turn>Pass>Pass>etc?

Odd meta.

252+ Atk Mega Beedrill U-turn vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 390-459 (143.3 - 168.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-1 252+ Atk Mega Beedrill U-turn vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 138-162 (43.2 - 50.7%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Mega Beedrill U-turn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 307-363 (87.2 - 103.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

I could go on but Beedril doesn't have the best coverage. What it CAN hit dies. What it can't hit wont die... ever.

I'd also like to point out that Mega Beedril is almost twice as powerful as +1 choice banded Genesect

+1 252 Atk Choice Band Genesect U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 486-572 (142.5 - 167.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Mega Beedrill U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 780-918 (228.7 - 269.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
*-2 Atk Beedril-Mega's UTurn against Landorus-T. Not to mention it won't do shit to Mega Aggron.

Then why does chlorophyll multiply by three? Your logic was that chloro adds the speed to itself (so it's speed + speed), and then in this meta, it does that again (so it's speed + speed + speed). For consistency, fur coat would triple.
Blegh!

That is me not thinking straight. One day, all these abilities will be accurate. One day.
You have Slow Start listed twice in the OP.

Sturdy is silly.

Why not have Harvest have two shots at spawning a Berry?

aaaaa Tinted Lens turns ineffective hits into being better than neutral hits! You can't resist it! (OK fine you can double-resist it ro actually reduce damage, but that's not much help)

Wait does Truant's description mean Turn>Pass>Pass>Turn>Pass>Pass>etc?

Odd meta.
I know that Tinted Lens isn't quite healthy for this metagame, but neither is Gale Wings. Gale Wings, at least, keeps Tinted Lens form being too overpowered. I know that Sturdy is silly. And do I really have Slow Start listed twice? I'll go look into that soon.

Blegh!

That is me not thinking straight. One day, all these abilities will be accurate. One day.

I know that Tinted Lens isn't quite healthy for this metagame, but neither is Gale Wings. Gale Wings, at least, keeps Tinted Lens form being too overpowered. I know that Sturdy is silly. And do I really have Slow Start listed twice? I'll go look into that soon.
The thing that bothered me with Tinted lens as it is now was that if a pokemon 4x resisted my move it turned neutral, to a 2x resist or neutral. I'm not really sure.

Make it so 2x resist becomes 2x effectives (or like 4)
Make it so 4x resist becomes 4x effectives (or like 6)

The thing that bothered me with Tinted lens as it is now was that if a pokemon 4x resisted my move it turned neutral, to a 2x resist or neutral. I'm not really sure.

Make it so 2x resist becomes 2x effectives (or like 4)
Make it so 4x resist becomes 4x effectives (or like 6)
And then ban it so it'd never see use.

nah m8, with a meta with huge power diggersby being a staple it wont be banned
No. Tinted Lens can't be countered or checked. Huge Power can be to some extent at least.

In any case, I think both of them will be banned anyway.

Although Diggersby Quick-Attacking a Ferrothorn w/Rocky Helmet is going to hurt.

Unlike Huge/Pure Power, Tinted Lens has lack of good abusers (only Venomoth, Yanmega, Sigilyph). Because of that, I doubt it will get banned, considering there are many more broken abilities right now.

Scizor and Breloom basically has a priority move with 120 BP now, basically as strong as STAB Extreme speed (potential extremekiller?), while Crawdaunt has 200 BP Sucker Punch now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)