Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just praying that Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire will be more difficult. It's laughable how easy X and Y were.

Also it would be nice if there were more water Pokemon to find in the ocean, given how much surfing you do in the originals.

Or it could just be because the games are called Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
Coherent explanation for that? I don't believe that GF is going to stick some symbols just for the sake of the names. Besides, Mewtwo can't possibly be the only legendary mon with a mega evolution.

The things we are getting back hopefully

Contests: I love you for being awesome before the whole idea of dress-up, then dancing, then just dress-up and dancing with no freaking prizes (also return of the old way Feebas evolves)

Dive: Hey, most of the time I was surfing in this game so time to make it fun

Regis: Praying that the Regi caves are unlockable the same way they were in RSE. Turning them into roaming and fleeing birds/dogs seems redundant. Plus the idea of being outsped by a boulder, iceberg, and toilet makes me sad

Despite This being my favorite gen overall I can't help but be a negative Nancy and point out that unless Nintendo needs to make the game longer then it's short prequel while simultaneously not repeating 6 sixes's lack of end game. Because otherwise I won't be inclined to buy it

I think it will be sequels similar to the direction Black and White 2 took. Megas for Kyogre and Groudon on the box art, and more. Perhaps a neo-team magma and neo-team aqua with new leaders?
From the official site:
Pokémon fans first enjoyed Pokémon Ruby Version and Pokémon Sapphire Version when it launched in 2003 for the Game Boy Advance. Now, a whole new generation of Pokémon fans will experience the dramatic storyline that unfolds in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

Sounds like regular remakes to me with the whole "now a new generation can enjoy this adventure", which I prefer over any sequel crap tbh.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The games that restored my love for Pokemon (bad Gen II, bad!) get a remake! Those cover arts are nice...Onega Red for this guy! Let's get it, Torchic!

Don't know why people assume that Kyo and Grou will get a mega. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but there isn't the slightiest hint for that, right now. And besides, do you really want that? They're already ungodly powerful, especially Kyogre. I still can't fully accept that Mewtwo got even TWO megas.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hm... wonder if GameFreak will be pattern-breaking again, as they did in XY. If so, it might be that we won't get a faithful remake, and more like a Hoenn revisit or something. This might mean total redesigns of several areas, new characters (though this is definitely to be expected anyway) and perhaps even changing the order of the gyms. Then again, neither FRLG nor HGSS were that drastic, so I guess this isn't to be expected this time either.

Either way, I guess new areas are to be expected. Caves housing legendaries that weren't in the original games are practically given. A new town/other area is a pretty safe bet too. Hoenn never had much in terms of post game areas, so it's a safe bet that some island, somewhere, will be opened for further exploration. Or perhaps the Battle Frontier island will be enlarged a bit.

Also, if they return to the Secret Base system of RSE, I'll be wanting to travel to Japan and break into GameFreak's locales just to give the designers a hug.

Lastly, allow me to be negative when it comes to tutors. Traditionally, remakes haven't focused much on movepool expansion compared to the first games in the series. HGSS famously featured almost no changes to movepools from Platinum. I think we'll have to wait for Z before we'll see massive movepool overhauls, such as those brought on by Platinum.

EDIT:
Don't know why people assume that Kyo and Grou will get a mega. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but there isn't the slightiest hint for that, right now.
To be fair, we don't have much to go off. Preliminary boxart doesn't exactly give away much. There isn't the slightest hint of anything yet.
And besides, do you really want that? They're already ungodly powerful, especially Kyogre.
Well, so was Mewtwo...

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Lastly, allow me to be negative when it comes to tutors. Traditionally, remakes haven't focused much on movepool expansion compared to the first games in the series. HGSS famously featured almost no changes to movepools from Platinum. I think we'll have to wait for Z before we'll see massive movepool overhauls, such as those brought on by Platinum.
If Fire Red/Leaf Green are anything to go by, we might get some tutors, but not all until the third Kalos game. But, who knows, Gamefreak haven't been all that consistent lately.

Anyone remember that this game had two rivals, either Brendan or May and some other kid. Hard to remember his name; his Gardevoir always went down quickly for me. Hope he's actually challenging this time around.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Wally.
Anyone remember that this game had two rivals, either Brendan or May and some other kid. Hard to remember his name; his Gardevoir always went down quickly for me. Hope he's actually challenging this time around.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^What I meant was that since there is no info released at all at the moment, lack of info shouldn't be an indicator that [insert feature] won't be implemented. For all we know, there is no hints that there will be day and night in the games yet either.

Not gonna lie, a part of me still thinks this is an elaborate hoax and GF have brought some 12 year old kid in whos made a crappy looking presentation and uploaded to Youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)