BW OU Reflections - A team by Stone_Cold (peaked #1)

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Haha I will accept ferrothorn everyday if I have to. It's the #1 poke that contributes to a Dnite sweep. +6 dnite 2hits ferro, and you can stall gyro so easily that if ferro stays in vs dnite, it's basically your opponent handing you the win. ferro has never once been a problem

Stone Cold, since Excadrill has been banned have you considered SpecsToed? If you still want to use ScarfToed, you might want to EV it so that you can have more bulk and you still outspeed base 110s.

What happens if ferrothorn predicts a roost and thwaves or leech seeds you?

Also i think toxic or another coverage move like sucker punch for latios who is a big threat, could be used over sub on dugtrio, focus sash lets you use reversal anyway

Nice team, i love the hyper offensive nature

Stone Cold, since Excadrill has been banned have you considered SpecsToed? If you still want to use ScarfToed, you might want to EV it so that you can have more bulk and you still outspeed base 110s.
I assume he needs it to revenge ddnite at plus 1, who would otherwise be a major pain

Toed can easily take out Aero with ice beam, and a sash really wouldn't be a problem, Starmie could also. Gyrados wouldn't stand a chance against Jolteon. So I assume thats probably how
except aero speed ties with politoed, outspeed starmie and ohko

gyarados can easily dd against something and outspeed if its offensive and ohko jolteon.

also, lead sash/white herb cloyster. what do?

Hidden power grass from poli always fails to ohko. (most ive seen it do was like 99%)

im thinking sucker punch over sub on dugtrio.

And you say this is an easy team to use, but its harder then most teams due to the lack of defensive pivots & need for heavy prediction due to how everything but dnite & sorta poli are frail.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
I stated a few times, if your a beginner this may not be the team for you. I know that your trying to help, but all your doing is naming weaknesses, as stated I can't cover anything. However this team is designed to win the majority of its matches, not go undefeated. Aerodactyl is used very seldom, and cloyster isn't a pokemon that's used a lot as well. Hydro Pump from Poli does max to cloyster normally. Sucker Punch on Dugtrio isn't bad, neither is Toxic.

I appreciate the fact that your trying to help, but your not providing any solutions. I can name about 10 pokemon that can straight up sweep me, but to sweep me or any other individual, you have to outplay that person. Focus Sash Lead Cloyster isn't seen often and I am sure people won't start running it just to beat my team xD.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Shit team by a shit user.....with about 60 luvdisc too many...

Nice team, reminds me a lot of a 5th gen version of Stathakis' team. I've been using that Dragonite set for months now and its so boss, but you one upped me and gave it better ev spread that I will have to steal in future ;). I love how some of your biggest threats are just outran cause countering is for pussies. I imagine it would have very very few chances to set up, but Air Balloon Rock Polish Terrakion seems like it would give you a lot of trouble if you aren't careful. In your experiences how hard has it been for you to beat? My guess is that Politoed locked into Ice Beam (which would rarely happen) or Rain Dance locked Tornadus (also very rare) would be its only set up chances but if that scenario were to occur that with SR down you would be almost guaranteed to lose the match barring bs hax. Anyway great team once again man, I'm sure if I do decide to play on the ladder again that this team will be everywhere and for good reason!

The only thing I don't like about this team is the fact that half of the players I play seem to be using it lol. But good team though, no nitpicks even.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
Stallion, team preview allows me to know what to do and what not to do. If I see a terra, I pray it's CB, or RP. The only one to ever give me trouble is Scarf and I can still handle that well w/ dnite.

Very nice team,i like it a lot.I am also probably going to ''steal'' your Dugtrio set for my own weather team since i find it quite effective.
I didn't find any severe weakness apart from Cloyster which can be a real danger after 1 Shell Smash.You must play very carefully around it if you don't want to lose against it(everything is OHKOed i think but i'm not sure about politoed)

Very nice team,i like it a lot.I am also probably going to ''steal'' your Dugtrio set for my own weather team since i find it quite effective.
I didn't find any severe weakness apart from Cloyster which can be a real danger after 1 Shell Smash.You must play very carefully around it if you don't want to lose against it(everything is OHKOed i think but i'm not sure about politoed)
Politoed normally lives rock blast with like 2 hp..

Yeah but there is a possibility to OHKO.The damage from Rock Blast is 87-104% so it's an almost sure OHKO if there are hazards in the field.Anyway,i would prefer to listen to Stone about the way he deals with it.Cloyster is not a common thread but it can be devastating with the correct use.

guys: stone already said that he is swept 6-0 by certain threats, but that the reason he ISNT swept is because he can play well. stop pointing out threat x; stone already knows what 6-0s him lol. finally, stone said he beats cloyster by setting up stealth rock early then making sure dugtrio isn't able to be set-up on

a suggestion: how about running hypnosis > hp grass on politoed. gastrodon is pretty badly beaten actually by your team now (tornadus, starmie 2hko, jolteon can bp a sub to dnite, dnite straight up sets-up on gastro, and dugtrio can 2hko with eq + reversal i'm pretty sure). hypnosis can help 1v1 against stuff like latias, which can force you to sac something

guys: stone already said that he is swept 6-0 by certain threats, but that the reason he ISNT swept is because he can play well. stop pointing out threat x; stone already knows what 6-0s him lol. finally, stone said he beats cloyster by setting up stealth rock early then making sure dugtrio isn't able to be set-up on

a suggestion: how about running hypnosis > hp grass on politoed. gastrodon is pretty badly beaten actually by your team now (tornadus, starmie 2hko, jolteon can bp a sub to dnite, dnite straight up sets-up on gastro, and dugtrio can 2hko with eq + reversal i'm pretty sure). hypnosis can help 1v1 against stuff like latias, which can force you to sac something
First of all,you did the same with me in the previous page so you shouldn't be the one to tell me not to talk.Then,people shouldn't get everything that Stone says for granted.I don't mean that what he says is wrong but he can't be always correct,we are all humans.What happens if there is a rapid spinner in the opponent's team and dugtrio is gone(which will happen if stone decides to set up rocks)?You see,Stone may be a very good player but he isn't the only good player and can't always be the one who controls the match;he said it himself,this team can be beaten by some threats and Cloyster is one of them for sure.

P.S : Stone,i hope you understand that i don't want to offend you,what i write here is just to activate some people's logic.
P.S.1 : People,seriously now,don't start blaming me because of this message.It's just my opinion and as i have already said,i like this team.
P.S.2 : I think the above suggestion(replacing HP for Hypnosis) can also help beating Cloyster.

Dang it Stone, faced someone using your Dragonite set the other day. Critted it with HP Ice to take it down. Jerk.

Also finally giving into peer pressure and Luvdisc-ing it. nb4 archive :P

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
The fact of the matter is, Cloyster isn't used as often as you guys think. SS Cloyster is a risky poke to use and most people are prepared for it, that's the reason I don't prepare for it. Ive faced maybe 5 cloyster my entire time using this team and I can normally get rid of it. Scarf Haxorus and Dnite are my biggest threats and they are the only threats that should be mentioned imo because they are commonly used.

I appreciate everyons criticism but as stated I know my threats, however if you want to ask how I personally handle threats your welcome to haha.

theebay707

Banned deucer.
Great Team Stone_Cold. I've played with the team myself, and managed to get 1200+ :)

I'm not as great as you though to get #1 so yeah. haha

The fact of the matter is, Cloyster isn't used as often as you guys think. SS Cloyster is a risky poke to use and most people are prepared for it, that's the reason I don't prepare for it. Ive faced maybe 5 cloyster my entire time using this team and I can normally get rid of it. Scarf Haxorus and Dnite are my biggest threats and they are the only threats that should be mentioned imo because they are commonly used.

I appreciate everyons criticism but as stated I know my threats, however if you want to ask how I personally handle threats your welcome to haha.
DD gyarados and scarfgon (if rocks are down)

those seem to be the biggest threats ive seen besides the two you mentioned, (and dd dos is common)

and salamence runs through this team if it gets a ddance, so what would you do about that?

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
You guys keep saying if, if, if, if. The only time it CAN get a dd is IF duggy is in. The other 5 pokemon on my team OHKO it. I haven't faced a scarf flygon once lol.

This team is a-fucking-mazing!

That Dragonite is probably the most boss Pokémon I've ever seen! Returns to its forever RBY glory as the top dragon type! I usually run it with Hurricane and Dragon Claw for more STAB opportunities (Hurricane/D-Claw, Outrage/Roost/Sub, DDance)

Boss. I have no complaints. For a hyper offensive team it does its job and it does it fucking well. I love this team, and if you don't mind I shall steal it for my own :3 *JMPesce used COVET!*

Dragonite is my favourite Pokémon, and I was always upset that he was shafted with a shitty ability. Thank God he's excellent again. I don't care what anyone says, this ability and his bulk and high attack make him the best Dragon type out there.

PS. I like him for a stall team too, he stalls really well xD For an added slap in the face I'd change his item to Yache berry to make Ice attacks so 1.0x for one attack (Reasoning: Dragon/Flying is 4x weak to Ice, Multiscale halves damage at full [which you probably most likely will be with Roost], and Yache halves again, making it regularly effective. Your nature will make him have a boosted Special Defense for crap damage overall :P). He can predict an Ice Beam and punish with Dragon Claw/Hurricane, or DDance and set up a Sub next turn. It's pretty nice actually. Thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)