What music do you have that the rest of Smogon apparEntly doesn't?

i am going to try to keep this list short

Latterman

i am going to do an album review of No Matter Where We Go...! soon. latterman is either my second or third favourite band, i cannot decide. they are the second greatest live act i have ever seen. they are fucking brilliant. aggressive pop punk/post-hardcore, and posi-core (LET'S FIX THIS) to the fucking max. prepare to scream your fucking lungs out while smiling the biggest smile ever.

Test Icicles

nobody really listens to them, from what ive seen. its fucking sick punk/dance/rap/metal/indie/whatever, they have a really distinct sound. they broke up awhile back, unfortunately. circle, square, triangle and catch it! are fucking AMAZING songs, dont miss this indie fans.

Why?

beautiful indie rock/hip hop. this is one of the rappers from cLOUDDEAD. so good it hurts. crushed bones has one of the highest play counts of any song on my itunes. hes so unbelievably clever, and his shit is a little too artistic at times, but it flows beautifully.

"and the rain comes down in late July
and the record labels call you Why?
and your eyes are slits in bags of fat
and your eyes are pissholes in the snow"

fucking brilliant

Discharge

ANY of you who think you know a fucking thing about punk and dont know discharge, wake the fuck up. this is the crustiest shit you can find, next to amebix. dont worry if every song sounds exactly the same, d-beat isnt known for variation. solid beats all the time (which is where the genre d-beat comes from, lol)!

Casiotone for the Painfully Alone

uh... the name basically describes everything. its a depressed fat guy who dropped out of film school, singing beautifully over preprogrammed beats from a casiotone keyboard. his lyrical style is really stunning, as its abrupt and to the point, and a lot of it is more like a message youd leave on an answering machine than a song. young shields is a fucking awesome song.

"there's a shield around us
it's invisible and boundless
and we drink too much and fuck too soon
smoke cigarettes in rented rooms
we quit our jobs and shoot the moon
and cut our wrists and sleep till noon"

The Pogues

seriously guys WHAT THE FUCK why do none of you np these guys. celtic folk mixed with just enough punk to make you jig the fuck out. rum, sodomy and the lash is one of the best albums ever. EVER. http://youtube.com/watch?v=D1EVrKDkyk4 watch this shit. its a medical miracle that the lead singer is still alive based on the amount of alcohol he's consumed. you can also count his teeth on one finger. sorry its synced so horribly :/

Matt and Kim

indie-pop bro/sis duo with drums and keyboard. sooooooooo good. you actually have no idea. find their stuff NOW. their myspace has some really good songs. yea yeah was my anthem for awhile. so nice and happy.

edit: thanks to norulz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yg-CgIwaHs

YEA YEAH

I AM TOO LAZY TO DO MORE BUT I MIGHT DO MORE LATER BLAGH BLAHG BLAHG

norulz

excellent
I think no one here actually likes A Perfect Circle.

Apparently I've never seen it on anyone's np posts.

Not sure though. And yeah, I pretty much find A Perfect Circle gg

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Bands that I listen to which probably few of you do are Biffy Clyro, The Rakes and The Coral.

I like old music from the 60s-? And the Mysterians, Cream, etc.

Also, I have almost all the Gorillaz songs.

lots of people listen to rush and Gn'R, and basically 90% of smogon listens to dream theater.
I was just mentioning bands that I normally don't mention. This is basically a list of most of my not-favourite-but-still-appreciated-and-enjoyed artists.

If the point of this thread was to actually name artists that the rest of Smogon is more unfamiliar with I doubt we'd be seeing Interpol in so many lists =\

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I, like Misty, am big on the video game music stuff, mostly from OCReMix and the monthly Dwelling of Duels competition.

As far as non-VGM music goes, I don't think anyone so far has mentioned Gomez yet. A friend of mine played a couple of her CDs for me a few months back and I've gotten hooked.

most of these bands i haven't seen talked about, but if i have its only been once or twice.

The Fall of Troy
Ensiferum
Lightning Bolt
Between the Buried and Me
These Arms Are Snakes
Tera Melos
The Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower
Theory in Practice
Joshua Fit For Battle
Ratatat
Circa Survive

jedi mind tricks / mindless self indulgence
yes

and yes

ahahhaha

Not enough people (apart form like earthy) like Sonic youth, M.I.A. (David Bowie?) and missy elliot. also velvet underground. breeders

im am so cool cos i listen to these things that you have not heard of
Spank ROck, Chick Corea HORSE the band, (Siouxsie??/)

Nevermore
Arch Enemy
Emperor
Finntroll
Obituary
Death
Mayhem
Blind Guardian
Iced Earth
Demons & Wizards
Liquid Tension Experiment
Kamelot
Evergrey
Carpathian Forest
Edguy

To mention a few.

gorm spank rock and horse the band are both EXCELLENTgood but i dont know chick corea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENTER SHIKARI [they're good]
fastline
paramore
boys night out
alexisonfire [lol predictable]
billy talent
snowpatrol
motion city soundtrack
thursday
hadouken!
hot water music
homegrown
finch..
36crazyfists
fightstar
the postal service
mushroom head
gym class heroes..

ok i'm done randomising my WMP.

using this list, if i were to open up limewire now, what would you recommend me downloading?

I have Chutney, Soca, && Reggae artists like; Michael Montanto, Destra, Adesh Shamroo, Vybz KArtel, Movado, Leftside & Esco, and Bounty Killer etc.

gorm spank rock and horse the band are both EXCELLENTgood but i dont know chick corea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hes wierd fusion jazz that my lady told me abawt.

ps you are sooo cool for liking spank rock ^)^))^_^_^___^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)